Summer 2014
Packing for our trip in a few days, to the beach and it is taking me down memory lane. The first time we took the kids to the beach, they were six months old. The last time we went was in 2014. Hate that daddy can't be with us for this trip. The kids have mentioned being a little sad, that daddy can't join us. Sophi has asked me multiple times, if I can make this drive, "Mama, daddy always drives on trips!" Goodness, she thinks so much like me.
I think about Spring Break, as a time to relax and be with family. No school, no getting up early to get the kids ready for school, no hustle and bustle... just quiet time. It's sometimes hard to carry on life here, while daddy is working everyday... long hours, in a "not so practical" environment. As I look at these pictures, I realize just how fast time flies. Look how little they were in this first picture.... and two years ago. Goodness, I wish time would slow down (for their sake), yet, wish this deployment would speed up.
Daddy, thank you for booking this trip for us, before you left. We marked this on the calendar for the kids, so they would have something to look forward too. We've counted down, and they are excited... yet, they wish you could be with us, as I do to. Thank you for working so hard, and taking care of us!! I promise we'll take lots of pictures, and wish you were by us every moment of the day!
Daddy, sent some packages a few days ago. The kids knew he was sending a little a "happy" their way. They didn't quite understand how he would ship things, or go "shopping." Thank you amazon, for being here! Their little faces lit up and they were so excited. These gifts, were going to wait until Easter, but they were too excited. A little piece of you was here, as they closed their eyes with excitement. On a side note... thanks for the rice cooker. You know I was looking around for one, and had no idea how to pick one out. You see guys, we've had this little jewel (the white one), over 16 years. My mother in law got it for us before we even got married! It's lasted this long, but is has begun not cooking rice as it should. I have to say I got a little emotional throwing this baby away... this appliance was here before marriage, before kids, before all the moves.... so silly I know, but you get attached to things, familiar things.
Daddy, we miss you and love you so much! It's been a little over two months since you left. The time has gone by relatively quick, yet some days still drag!! I know the days must be monotonous for you where you are. Remember to look up to the sky and know we're all sleeping under the same moon and stars! Love you!






No comments:
Post a Comment