You see, I grew up in a military family, my dad was in the service. We moved every 3 years, we changed schools/teachers more often than most, would go weeks/months not seeing my dad. I think God prepared me for this life style I live now. Funny, I told myself I would never marry someone in the military. I know I laugh every time I think about this too. Happily married over 17 years...we're still making it work and loving every bit of it.
So again, to answer your question.. how do I "do this?"
GOD!! An amazing husband who supports me and pushes me all at the same time, family, spiritual friends, amazing friends who pick me up on my deepest days, and laugh with me on my funniest days. Our kids... boy do they keep me going. When I look at them, I see part of my husband starring at me (well more of my husband, we all know the twins are clones of my husband!) They keep me going physically and emotionally. Scriptures, devotionals, and the list goes on.
I don't understand the lifestyle, where one has never moved around. I don't understand the lifestyle where your spouse is home by 5:00pm everyday. I don't understand the lifestyle where you don't live apart from your spouse on months end, and have weeks where you can't "talk." Do I envy that lifestyle... sure, I'd be lying if I said I didn't. But goodness... am I proud of what my husband does... you better believe it. I have grown a lot over the years.... moving, meeting new people, holding the fort down while he is away. I'm grateful for it. God doesn't give us anything we can't handle... I promise. I've lived through a lot (as many people have). So look at your life, and pat yourself on the back, and push forward.
We had our unit Family Fun day today. Of course hubby wasn't there to enjoy it, but I was. I am proud of these guys.. my husband and the guys he works with.. I'm proud to walk along side these spouses multitasking with the kids...in the heat, patiently waiting for the jumpers to do their thing. In any profession, you take the good and the bad. Stand proud and carry on... encourage others, and smile at the ones who need a pick me up. Support your husband and know that those "long days, months, etc" won't last forever.
We are on the downhill side of this deployment! CAN I GET AN AMEN!! What gets me through "it".... knowing deployments don't last forever! I want to use this post to thank all the people that have helped me get through the last several months. I'm grateful you don't laugh at me, when I'm still in my PJ's at 3:00 in the afternoon. I'm thankful you help out when I've got sick kids, I'm thankful you tolerate my quirkiness. But most of all, I'm thankful you support what my husband and the military does for us!











No comments:
Post a Comment