Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Military Wife You are Not Alone

Dear Military Wife,

I know some days, you feel completely alone.  Especially, those days when your husband is halfway around the world.  I want to assure you, you will survive and you can do this this!  Time to pull up your big girl panties and carry on. 

Some days, things won't go as planned.  A flat tire, a busted washer machine, a leaking window, car trouble, sick kids... I could go on and on.  You have two choices.. you can dwell in your sorrows about it, or you can just fix it and move on.  When I say, "Fix it",  ASK FOR HELP (if you need it).   Ask your friends, your neighbors.  Look in the good ole yellow pages for mechanics, post on Facebook for reliable people to help you.  God knows, us military folks don't know "local people" like others may....  it's time to ask for help and referrals. 

Don't panic if things don't go as planned.  Life happens, I think it's Gods way of testing us, under pressure as they say.  Remember God doesn't give us anything we can't handle.  God places people in our lives to help us, and hold us up when we are crumbling.  Yeah, I know... you are sitting there saying, "But I hate asking for help!"  Well mama... I'm here to tell you, it's ok!  We all need help from time to time.  Have you ever heard the saying, "IT TAKES A VILLIAGE?"  Well, I believe it and so should you. 

Prioritize your "problems."  I once had a leaky sink for 4-5 months, hubby was away.  Yeah, I wanted it fix.. but instead of worrying about it, I stuck a bucket under it and called it a day.  I had a washer leak and water was EVERYWHERE (again, while hubby was away).  Does this problem need to be fixed, yeah I would say that's pretty important.  Dealing with insurance problems... yes, I used to worry about this.  Now... ha, let it go.  I only say this, because eventually it will all work itself out.  I have spent endless hours on the phone dealing with Tricare...  it will make a person crazy!  Some days, its not worth the effort, nor time,  to deal with them.  Just save it for another day... again, I promise it will work itself out in time.

You are not alone!  Help one another, and ask for help.  My neighbors have helped me deal with more mess this deployment than I think I've ever had (and that says a lot!)  My husband's job has him on the road and away from home, more often than not.   So thankful for my neighbors for helping me out.  My husband thanks you, and we are extremely grateful to you! Wives of these husbands... thank you!  I know your time is precious with your hubby, I appreciate you "sharing" them with me to fix things.  I'm writing this, for advice... but also to remind myself I am not alone.  I also have to remind myself that problems will happen... that's life.  Either you can dwell (Jennifer Monk), or you can carry on and fix it the best you know. 

Keep your eyes looking forward mamas!  You've got this, the sun always shines in the morning!  Keep smiling and know this too shall pass! 

Signed a fellow military wife  

****** Shout out to Karen and Walt, Valerie and Brandon for saving me and my "house/car" troubles.  I'm knocking on wood that we are "problem free" until hubby gets home.  Until then... I owe you guys my heart and hugs!  I appreciate your support and most of all your friendship!  



No comments:

Post a Comment